commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:24:14 GMT
> * prepare release notes
>   I'm willing to do this if someone can give me some hints on the
>   most efficient way to do this...

hehehe

by tradition, digester uses criag's way of preparing release notes.
this means going through and collating the messages from each cvs
commit message and cross indexing them into features and bug fixes.
though a little labourious, it is a very good way of learning why good
cvs comments are important :)

unfortunately, i do get a little lazy from time to time, so here's my
prior apologies. (i will give detail instructions on the mechanics if
you need them.)

betwixt uses continuous addition. this works out well (and plays very
nicely with google) but does slow development. every feature is not
only added, unit tested but also written up and added to the list of
notes. both are good systems with different advantages.

- robert