commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@dfki.de>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:58:43 GMT

On 3-Apr-04, at 15:12 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> senior committers drifting away is usually not the problem for ASF
> projects that it is for ones organized differently. in fact, this
> happens regularly without ill effects providing that the community is
> healthy and replaces the energy that has been lost.

I second that... the life of jelly as part of jakarta commons has been
quite much helped. Several comitters around, shared infrastructure
(e.g. issue-tracking which moved from codehaus to here), good
visibility.

I do believe some other projects would have died if they had such a
developer involvement and were not in an environment like the ASF,
Jakarta, or Jakarta-Commons.

paul