commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:55:02 GMT
said:

> In message <851xmbb8kw.fsf@firefoot.brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke
> writes:
>> I used the resource block as you indicated and the postGoal's ( I

> Thanks for doing that.  I don't know enough about Maven or Jelly to
> have been able to do the whole pom.getPluginContext(....  thing.
> It's all been learn by example for me with respect to Maven.

I loathe programming in xml.  The .getPluginContext(... is more magic I
gleaned from the collections build.  It looked better that all the ant
stuff.  It will be nice to program extensions in java or jython or
something in maven.  Ahh well, its better that copying the entire
plugin into maven.xml anyway.

>> found some postGoals in collections for generating the checksums
>> also ).  I checked it in, and although it is better, I think
>> pulling all this together into a commons-dist-plugin would be
>> beneficial to all commons projects ( if that is, there is enough
>> commonality in the commons build ;)

> That you found postGoals in collections that did stuff net needed is
> initial evidence to support your suggestion.  I think it makes good
> sense (with the same caveat you gave about there being enough
> commonality).

I'll try to keep on top of this ( yeah right! ).