commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net] working on 1.2.0 release
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:43:14 GMT
said:

> Thanks Jeff.  Looks like maven dist will take care of the binary and
> source distros.

> What command "pushes the site out"?

maven site:deploy

This will generate all the docs and reports, and then attempt to ssh
the site out.  If the user you are logged in as is a different
username than your apache one, you need to have maven.username set to
your apache account that has access to where the sites are.  You can
do this in your ~/build.properties or on the command-line:

maven -Dmaven.username=brekke site:deploy

> Then there are the checksumming and gpg signing mentioned here:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html

I did this by hand on the last release.

> Are these supported by maven?  Are they necessary for a release
> candidate as opposed to a full-up release?  I'm planning to do a
> release candidate, then a vote, then cut the actual release,
> assuming it passes.

I don't think they are necessary for rc's but can't hurt.