commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 14:58:57 GMT
On 3 Apr 2004, at 15:18, korebantic wrote:

> What is the proper procedure for submitting patches
> against jelly, and adding new features like new tag
> libraries, etc?

here at apache, those worthy individuals who contribute in this way are
known as developers (because they develop the software). take a look at
the following pages:

http://www.apache.org/dev/
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/volunteering.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html

please remember that you'll need to be able to grant copyright to the
ASF for all patches you contribute. if it's a substantial body of work
or if the code is derived from a copyrighted work then we may need you
to sign a contributor's license agreement.

me and paul are probably the most active jelly committers at the moment
and it's not my highest priority so you might need to be a little
patient (and polite reminders may sometimes be needed). good
documentation and unit tests for your changes will strongly increase
the chances of your code being committed by me (since i have to write
these if they are not present).

- robert