commons-dev mailing list archives

From Robert McIntosh <rob...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:18:59 GMT
I know I'm jumping in on this a bit late, but just to put my 2 cents in...
I've used Jelly as an XML based process tool. Much like a slimmed down
workflow tool for web apps. I built a complete web app with Struts and
Jelly and with the exception of business objects, I didn't write any
code; everything was in jelly scripts. In doing this I had a Stuts
action that would preload jelly scripts and execute them. I also built
(and mentioned on this list) that I have a prototype of a renewed
JellyContext to use Scopes and allow Jelly to be used embedded in a JSP
page. I also contributed a couple of Swing tags, but I don't recall if
those got accepted or not.

I do know there is a project on sourceforge that uses the SWT tags of
jelly, but I can't recall the name at the moment. Anyway, I'm personally
all for Jelly and I really like it for a lot of different things. Last I
recall there were only two commiters on it, Peter Royal and Paul
Libbrecht, but I may be wrong about that.

Robert McIntosh