commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric MacAdie <>
Subject Re: [math] Numerical Python (NumPy)
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:29:48 GMT
Al Chou wrote:

>Numerical Python (NumPy) came up the past couple of days on the Object-Oriented
>Numerics list, and because I know it's been hosted at SourceForge for years, I
>started wondering whether it could be a source of ideas or even algorithms for
>us.  The manual states:
>"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose
>without fee is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is included in
>all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or modification of this
>software and in all copies of the supporting documentation for such software."
>so it seems like we'd be fine using whatever we needed of it, unless I
>misunderstand the Apache License.
>Albert Davidson Chou
>    Get answers to Mac questions at .
I did volunteer to verify the results of Commons Math against aother
packages. I have looked at R and tried to find some data. It is more
work than I thought,  so I honestly have not gotten very far. But I will
look at NumPy. I have heard Python is pretty easy.

Is there a web page for the Object-Oriented Numerics list?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message