commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Galluzzo <egallu...@einnovation.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Lessons from Gump part 1: Crimson doesn't work
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:52:17 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Hi,
>
>this is a first of several mails in a loose series while I try to
>build as much of Jelly as possible within Gump.  You may have seen
>Gump nag mails appear and disappear over the past weeks and I want to
>tell you what we had to do make some of the failures go away.
>It seems as if the location provided by Crimson will not contain the
>column number.

Yes, this is true.  I've seen this on some other projects.  We had to
switch over to Xerces for precisely that reason.  FWIW, the Locator
interface does specify that it's not meant to be used for exact
positioning, and that -1 is a valid return value:

http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/Locator.html#getLineNumber()

    - Eric