commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher W. Farnham" <chris.farn...@wrycan.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:43:23 GMT
The apology for Jelly is made in Jame's weblog here:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2004/03/26.html#a472

Now that I reread it, I'm not sure if it's tongue and cheek or or what.

The complaints about contexts etc. Come from different postings I've
read etc. and I've found some of them at these links.
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY-100
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/archives/000202.html
http://java2.5341.com/msg/46088.html

The ThreadLocal problem has bitten me first hand.

I'm not bringing these up because I have a problem with Jelly.  I use it
every day and it's great for some of the things I do.  Also, Jame's
Groovy project
seems pretty cool.  I hope no one thinks I'm denigrating him by bringing
him up by name.

I think it's important to know the strengths and weaknesses of a tool
before you start using it.  I
use Jelly for complex XML creation and processing.  I haven't found a
tool that works as well
as Jelly yet.

I'm glad they've fixed the ThreadLocal problem... it may be time for me
to upgrade my Jelly jars.

Christopher Farnham
Senior Consultant at Wrycan, Inc.

chris.farnham{at}wrycan{dot}com