commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher W. Farnham" <chris.farn...@wrycan.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:18:03 GMT
Just to add a little bit to what Paul was saying.

James Strachan has talked openly about fundamental flaws in Jelly.
Things that are not easily fixed such as the JellyContext, class
I'm not sure if this last statement is verbatim).  Jelly has some huge
memory leaks. You should never call it from the main thread.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why Maven is leaving Jelly behind.  I
have encountered some of these issues, but I use Jelly for XML
processing and creation.  Beanshell can do anything that Jelly can do,
but I find Jelly's syntax for XML fairly intuitive, in that the
resulting document looks very much like the Jelly script that created it.

Christopher Farnham
Senior Consultant at Wrycan, Inc.

chris.farnham{at}wrycan{dot}com
http://www.wrycan.com