commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: VFS: Question on navigating SMB/CIFS filesystems
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:46:21 GMT
Efrain Klein wrote:

>yet I encounter a problem when trying to navigate
>down into subdirectories of smb filesystems.

>I cannot find anything of the sort in the
>documentation that mentions the need for special treatment of SMB
>shares. Is there something I'm missing here?

During the setup of the VFS test server, i encountered a simmilar problem.
The problem is the smb library, it requires the directory path to end
with an "/".

I have fixed this in my local vfs version and the test cases runs fine
now. So i think this might fix your problem too.

I hope i will be able to commit this thing in the near future - maybe a
vote request might come up soon (thanks to Michael)

Else i will contact you via pm to send you a patched jar to see if it helps.
Please keep an eye on this list!

Thanks!
Mario