commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:09:11 GMT
this looks pretty comprehensive :)

i hope to set some time aside tomorrow to go through it in detail.

i've been thinking about LogUtils. often, improved factoring of the
code allows further improvements. i'd prefer to allow the user more
flexibility in their choice of logging and i'd like to add this before
the 1.6 release (which i assume includes the refactored plugin stuff).

i think that we can preserve the default behaviour by calling the
plugin context to provide the log implementation. if we get the
signature right, it should be possible to allow per-class logging (as
an option). we may need to consider whether it would be better to
factor out a separate log provider class exposed by a property or just
add the call to the context (and then expect users to subclass).

if this sounds a good plan (and you don't fancy implementing it
yourself), let me know and i'll post a patch tomorrow.

- robert