commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:16:01 GMT

In message <851xmbb8kw.fsf@firefoot.brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke writes:
>I used the resource block as you indicated and the postGoal's ( I

Thanks for doing that.  I don't know enough about Maven or Jelly to
have been able to do the whole
  pom.getPluginContext(....
thing.  It's all been learn by example for me with respect to Maven.

>found some postGoals in collections for generating the checksums also
>).  I checked it in, and although it is better, I think pulling all
>this together into a commons-dist-plugin would be beneficial to all
>commons projects ( if that is, there is enough commonality in the
>commons build ;)

That you found postGoals in collections that did stuff net needed
is initial evidence to support your suggestion.  I think it makes
good sense (with the same caveat you gave about there being enough
commonality).

daniel