commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:50:48 GMT

In message <85isfobztv.fsf@firefoot.brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke writes:
><postgoal> and <pregoal> allow for hooking onto goals.
>
>I think we can extend the preparation of the tar dists with
><postgoal/>.  Inside the postgoal, copy the NOTICE file into the
>correct directory.  I'll try it soon.

Thanks for the education.  The only reference I can find to postGoal
is a blurb in http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Reports
of all places.  If postGoal will work after dist:prepare-bin-filesystem
and dist:prepare-src-filesystem, then we're set.  It sounds like I
criticized the plugin prematurely.  Had the dist goal not been broken up
into subgoals, then there'd have been a problem.

daniel