commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DbUtils] logging sql statement
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:19:07 GMT
Logging is intentionally left out of DbUtils so that it remains a simple
one jar distro.  It would be easy to subclass QueryRunner and override the
methods you were interested in, logging, and then delegating to the super
implementation to do the real work.

DbUtils does wrap all SQLExceptions thrown from the JDBC driver with its
own SQLException containing the SQL and replacement parameters that were
executing at the time of failure so logging may not be as important.

David