commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] IRC support ?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:37:09 GMT

In message <200404150938.LAA01690@vertigo.micropole.com>, Emmanuel Bourg writes
:
>Hi, I'm in the process of writing some basic classes handling the IRC
>protocol since I haven't managed to find a generic library for this
>purpose, I wondered if the commons-net team could be interested in this
>code. For now it consists in a simple message parser, I can add a
>minimal client if the contribution is accepted.

I'm not sure anyone replied to this.  I think we're always interested in
expanding the range of protocols supported by Commons Net so long as
they will be actively supported.  We're a bit behind in incorporating
contributor patches (e.g., there's an network time protocol submission
still pending review).  The best thing to do is post your code at a
URL we can download from, or submit it as an attachment to an enhancement
request through bugzilla, so that it can be evaluated.  We won't be able
to review it before the 1.2 release (well, maybe someone will get the
chance to look at it; but it definitely won't be added to CVS until
after 1.2).

daniel