commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre Auslander" <pauslan...@www.dalinsoft.ch>
Subject RE: [math] Graph theory
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:25:13 GMT
We've got a basic Java implementation of graphs; only "computations", no
visual stuff. It has interfaces and implementations for Graph, Directed
Graph, Directed Acyclic Graph, Forest, Tree. We use it in different contexts
for cycle detection (dependency graphs) and taxinomies/classifications.

Right now development is ad-hoc, but if there is interest, we'd be glad to
share and have everybody improve it. I can post/email a jar if required.

Do you see Graphs belonging to math, to collections, or to graphs?

Cheers,
Pierre

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:13:52 -0400, Phil Steitz wrote
> I think that implementing combinatorial algorithms to meet needs
> like Paul's and Herve's below would make a good addition to [math].
> Starting with clean room implementations of algorithms to meet
> specific practical needs would be a better way to go than
> translating or porting existing libraries, IMHO.
>
> Can you guys provide a little more detail on what your application
> needs are?
>
> Phil

name "graph-