commons-dev mailing list archives

From korebantic <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] current and future status?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:18:35 GMT
Wow this mailing list will teach you to use filters

> i would like to say that i feel that developer
> activity can be a poor
> guide as to whether to use a project or not. the
> developer activity is
> related to the maturity of the project as well as
> interest. mature
> projects tend to spend more time discussing changes
> and worrying about
> the consequences of chances rather than committing
> code. i'd be
> concerned about a project with a lot of activity
> since this may
> indicate that a lot of develop is needed before the
> project can be used
> in production.
> personally speaking, i think that developer
> responsiveness is much more
> important than activity: if you have a question or
> need some additional
> feature, could you get the help you need? this can
> be gauged from the
> mailing list.
I agree completely, that's why I sent out the original
question to this list instead of judging it's status
purely on the commits. I've already found out some
interesting things -- like the original maintainer is
MIA =/

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: