commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:31:55 GMT
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:19, Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the list of things I think are remaining to do before a 1.6
> release. I notice that the 1.5 release was done on 24-april-2003.
> Wouldn't it be nice to get another release out before the year is up?

> * resolve the "mixed content" issue [see later]
Done. Example added to cvs.

> * prepare release notes
Draft done and committed to CVS. The changes were compiled with the
help of jdiff and a log of "cvs log" and "cvs diff" work :-)

> * double-check new method signatures [see later]
Done. No issues were found.

> * confirm collections version compatibility [see later]
Done. Collections 3.0 works fine.

> * create and commit an xmlrules example to the examples directory.
Done.

> * test that all examples compile & run.
Done.

> * think about including proposed InvokeMethodRule [see later]
Done. Will be postponed until next release.

===========================

So, on to the still-to-do list:

* add cvs-version info in somehow [see later]
After reviewing Robert and Craig's emails, it seems that there is a
preference there for the version info to be higher up - maybe even
within the copyright comments at the top of the file. Is this allowed?
If so, can we run with it? I'm happy with this, though I do think my
(admittedly slightly unusual) suggestion of putting it on the *last*
line of the file also has merit. Maybe just too unexpected, though.

> * move rss stuff to "extras" directory
Craig?

> * find someone willing to be official release manager
Anyone?????

> * prepare RC candidate, test, etc.
Yep.

Also:
* run checkstyle?
* check there is a "src" distribution, and that it includes the examples
* set up wiki for digester, add ref from digester website to it.
* check code with java1.2 SDK (this is the minimum java version, right?)
* Robert's changes to logging?
* put in some more @since tags?
* finishing touches to release notes.

Cheers,