commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>
Subject RE: Commons server infrastructure proposal
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:36:09 GMT
On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 19:58, Mladen Turk wrote:

> > Well, it does.
> >
> > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jsse/jsse-t
> iger-beta1.html#SSLENG
> >

> Read carefully :)
> It uses like I said SSLEngine not the SSLServerSocket for non-blocking io
> that can be done with the 1.4 too.

MT,
Not that is is terribly important, but SSLEngine class is only available
as of Java 1.5
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLEngine.html>.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Surely, one can implement the entire SSL stuff on top of plain socket in
Java 1.4, but I doubt this is doable using Sun's JSSE. Besides, I
believe Socket#getChannel in Java 1.5 should return a fully functional
channel, whereas in Java 1.4 it simply return null.

If you happen to know how to implement selectable secure (SSL) channel
using standard JSSE in Java 1.4, I'd be happy to learn.

Oleg