commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <>
Subject RE: Commons server infrastructure proposal
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:41:35 GMT
> AFAICT even 1.5 NIO doesn't support SSL directly.
> The trick is to use the SSLEngine and drop the SSLServerSocket altogether.

Well, it does.

The trouble is that it may takes years for 1.5 to become mainstream.
Beat with a (biiiiiiiiig) stick, I still doubt 1.5 JDKs will be truly
useble in heavy duty server applications until release 1.5.2.

Otherwise, I am certainly +1 on the proposal, even though the size of
that plus pretty much depends upon my workload with HttpClient