commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject [digester] moving the RSS code
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:11:07 GMT
Hi,

A while ago I raised the idea of moving the RSS code currently in
digester to somewhere outside the main build, so that the vast majority
of users who don't want RSS support don't get it bundled.

For reference, Craig's +1 response is here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=107475737704437&w=2

Unless someone objects, towards the end of the week (around 16 april) I
will create
  src/extras/rss/java/org/apache/commons/digester/rss
and add all the rss files there, then "cvs rm" them from their original
locations. Directory
  src/extras/rss/test/org/apache/commons/digester/rss
will be used to store the rss unit tests.

Users who do want rss support will then need to compile the code
themselves, and include that extra jar file in their classpath. However
there are no changes to package names, so it should be a "binary
compatible" change.

I guess we'll need some extra target(s) in the build.xml file, to ensure
the extras stuff gets built too.

Regards,

Simon