commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] rule that constructs a non-bean from parameters
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 04:31:23 GMT
On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:35, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> let me know when you're back and we'll have a think about backwards
> compatible solutions to emmanuel's problem.

Well .. I'm back ;-)

I'm playing with an alternative to CallMethodRule (currently termed
InvokeMethodRule) which fires as soon as its params are available. I
believe this functionality is needed in order to support the "immutable
object initialized from nested tags" feature that betwixt needs. I think
that it also would be a nice feature in general (as pointed out by
Emmanuel) - if it can be got to work properly.

There are some gotchas about interleaved and nested invocations, so it
may be a few days before I have anything I want to post.

I just wanted to let you know that I am still interested in this, and to
make sure we aren't duplicating efforts.

Cheers,

Simon