commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: [Vote][all] migrate top level commons site to mavenized version.
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:28:47 GMT
I don't think we are disagreeing here that the jakarta/commons images
should be their natural sizes. My point is simply that, when a
sub-project uses an image thats larger than what we are trying to
regulate, that the layout stops that image from blasting out the right
side margin.

800x600 is, in my book, a tolerant lower end for the site layout. We are
not suggesting that people can't view the site at/under 640x480, just
that the minimum width of the site (and thus the appropriate width for
the images in the banner) is 800px

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 15:03, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Yes, if you tracked the previous thread, we are exploring enforcing the
> > layout to be restricted so its always consistent across the site.
>
> Generally speaking I don't like absolute positions/sizes in HTML.  There is
> far too great a range of resolutions, from people still using 640x480 to
> 1900x1200.  I'd just as soon use the natural logo sizes, and just agree on
> what they will be.  That said, it is just a preference.
>
> 	--- Noel

Mark R. Diggory
Software Developer - VDC Project
Harvard MIT Data Center