commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniela Pistelli Gomes" <>
Subject Validator/Digester offline validation
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:41:39 GMT

    I'm using commons-validator and commons-digester and I need to validate the validation.xml
without internet access and I don't want to remove the doctye tag.
  I knew that I can implement any EntityResolver and set this at Digester, but I don't have
any Digester
instance, my question is, how can I get any Digester instance (or if is possible set the EntityResolver

by a Digest static method) and them set this Digest for Validator.

  At my Validator class I have

  private ValidatorResources initResources() throws IOException, SAXException {
      final InputStream rules = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()
      final InputStream is = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()
      try {
         return new ValidatorResources(new InputStream[] {rules, is});
      } finally {
         if (rules != null) {

         if (is != null) {

Thanks for your support