commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Commons server infrastructure proposal
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:49:29 GMT
OK, from what I've seen, there are interested parties here, and frequently
rewritten code. This is not an area within my expertise, so I can only
comment from a commons POV.

My concerns for commons are:
1) Is it more of a framework or a utility?
It should be designed towards the latter.

2) Size of component?
Is it going to be large?

3) Will the initial committers stick with it and complete the project?
Well everyone's from apache so thats a good start.

Otherwise, I have no great objections to starting a new sandbox project.

Stephen