commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rory Winston" <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject RE: Commons::Net Wiki
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:26:25 GMT
Hi Daniel,

I would be more than happy to undertake getting started on this task
(and a couple of others that I have been meaning to get around to as
well - day job permitting). I am not a committer as of yet - I do
realize that you mentioned making me a committer before - what would it
take to get myself on the committers list? AIUI, it's a voting process
by existing committers?

Cheers,
Rory

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel F. Savarese [mailto:dfs@savarese.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 11:11 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Commons::Net Wiki

In message <MJEPJCDCOLAOEKDJLHGIAEAACBAA.rwinston@eircom.net>, "Rory
Winston" w
rites:
>Whereas the new Wiki is:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/old/CommonsNet/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

I'm confused.  That page is not editable (it's listed as an immutable
page) and does not appear on the list of wikis at
http://wiki.apache.org/
The page from nagoya has more up to date information on it.  For
example,
it mentions that your XOVER patch was applied last year.  Which is the
real wiki?  I found
  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?MigrateFromThisWiki
and
  http://wiki.apache.org/general/UseModMigration
which I guess answers the question.  Commons hasn't migrated yet.
This is where I should offer to send a request to infrastructure and
the PMC, but I'm afraid I have to play hot potato and ask Rory to do
so (are you a committer yet, if not, you should be).

daniel