commons-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Huegen <ahue...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] Discuss: CVS or Subversion?
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:12:43 GMT

> An immediate question is whether we should use CVS or Subversion for
> HiveMind.
>
> I installed the Eclipse Subversion plugin and it seems to be perfectly
> OK.
>
> I think it would be a great experiment (from my perspective) to trying
> Subversion; certainly, I'm
> really into any system that understands that a source file may move or
> be renamed over time.
>
> Any thoughts from the other HiveMind developers?

I'm working with subversion in a small project since some months now
and it's running flawlessly. Besides renaming support it is great to
have atomic commits. So I'm a subversion supporter.

Just be aware that using ssh authentication is quite a hassle with
windows clients. It's much better to use apache and basic http
authentication.

Achim Huegen