commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] HiveMind ideas
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:28:10 GMT
Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnaswamy <at> comcast.net> writes:
> I am yet to explore Javassist, but would certainly like to see some
> comments comparing it to Cglib2. I have seen some great reviews for it
> and not to mention its widespread use in other products.

The speed of the two will probably be comparable. The main advantage of using
CGLIB2 is that your code will be simpler, since you are dealing against a normal
Java API (comparable to java.lang.reflect.Proxy) instead of writing
pseudo-bytecode in string literals as you do with Javassist. Also, CGLIB will
handle things like caching and debugging support that you'd otherwise have to
write yourself.

Chris