commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] HiveMind ideas
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:44:29 GMT
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> With JDK proxies, and the CGLib samples I've seen, you still have flow of control into
a single
> method that must use cascading if statements to determine what method was actually invoked
> originally.

In CGLIB 1.0 this was the case, but one of the big changes in CGLIB2 is
that you can now have separate interceptors (Callbacks) for each method,
or groups of methods. Among other things you can use this to avoid
intercepting certain methods (the NoOp callback) or implement very
efficient dispatching to another object (the Dispatcher callback). The
current set of callback types should cover most scenarios, but we can
add additional ones if the need arises.

Chris