commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] HiveMind ideas
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:37:10 GMT
Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> I have a question though (now that you are here ;) ). I am
> actually stuck at the moment trying to have multiple callbacks for all
> methods in a class and the filter only allows me to return one callback
> for a method?

Yes, you can only have one Callback per method. I assume you are trying
to chain together multiple interceptors?

The basic idea is to use a single MethodInterceptor, and inside "invoke"
create your own Invocation object that keeps track of where you are in
the chain and has a "proceed" method to chain to the next interceptor.

The AOP frameworks that use CGLIB each have their own idea of how this
type of interceptor chaining should work, so there is no standard API
for that. It might be handy for people using CGLIB directly, though.
Feel free to join cglib-devel if you have any more questions or suggestions.

Chris