commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Fixes for FileUploadBase.java
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:36:31 GMT
At 11:23 AM -0800 3/23/04, Earl Hood wrote:
>There is a change where some stricter formating is enforced.  For example,
>if a part does not define a content-disposition, and exception is thrown.
>There is a comment asking if this is desired.  It is not clear from
>looking at the code and conformant a post should be.  IMO, it should
>be, or, conformance should be configurable.  Malformed data can
>indicate application errors (and possible security issues), so quietly
>ignoring errors should probably be avoided.

I'd suggest that this be switchable, and default to not throwing an
exception, for backwards compatibility reasons.  Also, you're
ultimately relying on browser authors to implement the spec
perfectly, and given the variability I've seen in things like
assigning content-types, I think it's best to allow for browser
variation in how dispositions are handled also.

Thanks (from another user) for providing a patch, though!

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com