commons-dev mailing list archives

From "" <>
Subject Re: validator & inheritance
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:21:21 GMT
> The methods getFields() and getFieldMap() should include
> super.getFields() and super.getFieldMap() making them Unmodifiable after
> merging.

There would not be true inheritance though, this would be a reference to the extended map.
Take a look the Tiles implementation,
this would be a good starting point. I believe this implementation makes a copy of the map
attributes  as you suggest. This can result in increased memory usage.
One approaches you might consider is to use a new Map but reference the same
underlying objects, ie don't copy them. This would reduce memory consumption.

Does anyone dynamically change the validation parameters ? I have always considered the field
validations as fixed at load time.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message