commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Cutting a 1.0 Release Help Needed
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:56:32 GMT
Ok,

I just went back and reread the posts..  Basically what you want is to
refactor the HierarchicalDOM4JConfiguration into
AbstractHierarchicalConfiguration and then have
HierarchicalDOM4JConfiguration and HierarchicalDOMConfiguration.

You then would retrofit the ConfigurationFactory to support a <dom> as well
as a <dom4j> element?

Is this correct?  If you verify that this won't break 1.3 compatiblity
(which I guess it won't..?) and can send in a patch ASAP with some doc fixes
and unit tests, then I'll hold up the release.  I definitly would want to
document the differences between dom and dom4j...

Any idea how long it will take you to get this done?  Otherwise we can cut
1.0, and then, as soon as you get your code in, either cut 1.0.1 or just cut
a snapshot for you.

Eric