commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject [configuration] Cutting a 1.0 Release Help Needed
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:28:50 GMT
Hi all,

list and privately regarding when Commons Configuration 1.0 will be
released, I have gone ahead and applied the last of the patches for bugs and
I would like to cut the RC1 for Commons Configuration.

The remaining issues in BugZilla are all enhancements or refactorings and
should be applied post 1.0.

At this point I am somewhat stuck at the checksum creation stage.  I
followed the directions from this document:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html for steps 1 through
3.  However, because Configuration is Maven based, when I run 'maven dist'
SSH'ed into jakarta.apache.org I get an error about maven not existing.  Ant
works, however it tanks on the junit task.  Do I need to do steps 4,5,6
SSH'ed in, or can I do them locally and update the results?  I have placed
some candidates at http://jakarta.apache.org/~epugh/builds/.

If the Release Candidate 1 files look good to people, then I will follow the
steps here: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html to cut
the 1.0 release.  However, I am on winxp, and haven't followed the process
of creating md5 checksum's etc..   However, if some other kind soul wishes
to play the Release Manager role, I'd be much obliged to them.

Eric