commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:37:07 GMT
matthew.hawthorne wrote:

> I'd be more than willing to commit patches -- but the same problem
> remains that Gary stated originally.  The test environment is
> difficult to set up, and we need an easier way.

That's why I mentioned the User-Mode Linux approach, after reading some of
the discussion.  Doesn't do much for testing on Windows systems, but
provides at least some easy ability to setup a common test environment.

> If it isn't too complicated, I can attempt to set it up on my
> home machine (SuSe 9)

I don't know SuSE well.  RedHat has been shipping User-Mode Linux out of the
box.  See if SuSE provides User-Mode Linux for you.  If not, you'll need to
install it.  Once installed, you *may* chose to run something other than
SuSE inside the virtual host.  One of the links I posted earlier points to a
pre-installed RehHat 7.2 virtual machine.  Or perhaps someone else will
setup a virtual machine for everyone's use, and you'll just have to download
the large file and boot it inside UML.

	--- Noel