commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:46:32 GMT
> > Just as a thought, is this something that could run under User-Mode
> > Linux on the new GUMP server when it is installed?  Is this
> > something that you would want to add to automated tests under GUMP?
> >
> The Linux instance within an UML on the GUMP Server is not available
> through the internet for the public, right?

Depends upon how you configure it.  I would not expect that you would want
it to be exposed.  I don't know how much the GUMP server will be exposed to
the Internet.  To-be-determined, but I could imagine it being configured to
allow outgoing connections, but possibly no public face, except for ssh for
those who need access to the machine.  The data that it exports could be
proxied over a private subnet through the main web server.

> Then we could
> 1) Adding the server configuration to VFS
> (so everyone is able to setup such a test-system "at home")

"Everyone" who had a linux box running UML could grab the test-system image,
and test.

> Beside this: my base question was where is the maintainer of VFS?

> i have a couple of patches added to bugzilla which needs discussion
> too - and hopefully get committed sometimes.

The "maintainer" is this Community.  I haven't been paying too much
attention, but it seems that there is continued interest in VFS lately.
Several of the folks participating in the discussion are Committers.
Hopefully, some of the Committers have interest in at least reviewing and
applying your patches.

> I am willing to support VFS for a while.

Let's see if we can find some Committers to review and apply your patches,
and let you work into Committer status.  If not, we'll cross that bridge
when we come to it.

	--- Noel