commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] Re: Alternative module descriptors
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:47:35 GMT
> > > I also think that HiveMind's use of XML (both to define services, and
> > > contribute configuration data) is very concise and readable.

FWIW, we have not had problems or complaints with the fact that James uses
XML.  One technique that we have started to use is to use XML Entities to
separate things into multiple files.  But all in all, the requirement for
well-formedness is a good thing that contributes to fewer user errors.

> James Holmes has created [a purpose-driven GUI tool to edit the
> configuration file] for both Struts and JavaServer Faces

>   http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/console/
>   http://www.jamesholmes.com/JavaServerFaces/console/

Too bad they aren't Open Source, so that people could adapt them into a
generic form with plug-ins that could suitable for handling HiveMind,
Avalon, James, Tomcat, etc.

	--- Noel