commons-dev mailing list archives

From tim.redd...@prescreen.co.uk
Subject [Pool] Logging what's going on...
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:30:37 GMT
Hi,

Are there any plans to put any logging in the Pool implementations?

I'm using the GenericObjectPool with the DBCP and I have a thread
querying the getNumActive() method.  I'm seeing it fluctuate between two

different values (when my application is idle).  Its probably because
I've got my evictions set-up wrongly.  Anyway that's not my issue here.

Logging would be a wonderful addition when debugging configuration
issues (like mine), object exhaustion problems and being able to see
what's actually
happening when in use.  Are there any plans?

I'll help if you think this will be a useful addition.

Tim