commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <>
Subject RE: [configuration] Cutting a 1.0 Release Help Needed
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:43:45 GMT
What about enhancements which have been submitted to the bug
tracker?  Will those get in?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Pugh []
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 12:29 PM
To: Commons-Dev
Subject: [configuration] Cutting a 1.0 Release Help Needed

Hi all,

list and privately regarding when Commons Configuration 1.0 will be
released, I have gone ahead and applied the last of the patches for bugs and
I would like to cut the RC1 for Commons Configuration.

The remaining issues in BugZilla are all enhancements or refactorings and
should be applied post 1.0.

At this point I am somewhat stuck at the checksum creation stage.  I
followed the directions from this document: for steps 1 through
3.  However, because Configuration is Maven based, when I run 'maven dist'
SSH'ed into I get an error about maven not existing.  Ant
works, however it tanks on the junit task.  Do I need to do steps 4,5,6
SSH'ed in, or can I do them locally and update the results?  I have placed
some candidates at

If the Release Candidate 1 files look good to people, then I will follow the
steps here: to cut
the 1.0 release.  However, I am on winxp, and haven't followed the process
of creating md5 checksum's etc..   However, if some other kind soul wishes
to play the Release Manager role, I'd be much obliged to them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: