commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] Tomcat4 and sun outage
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:59:58 GMT
hi mark

a couple of observations that makes me think that perhaps you're on the
wrong track:

1. AFAIK tomcat uses an internal catalog version of the standard sun
DTDs and so providing that the DOCTYPE description is correct, the
parser should not attempt to retrieve the DTD from the DOCTYPE uri.
(perhaps craig or Jean-Francois will be able to give a more
authoritative statement about tomcat.)

2. the stack trace looks strange (for a DTD uri issue). the exception
seem to concern a j2ee class (ServletException) that appears to be
missing from the classpath. (if it were a DTD loading issue then i'd
expect to see an io-related exception thrown.)

- robert