commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Issue with subset and substitution
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:58:53 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 10:40 AM:

> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Additionally I do not grok why the TestJNDIConfiguration now fails
>> for the getKeys call. It seems not to be different from the former
>> implementation, but I am sure, the tests did not fail previously.
>
> The test didn't not fail because getKeys() wasn't tested :) My patch
> basing JNDIConfiguration on AbstractConfiguration added it.

:)

Ahhh, I didn't had a look at the history of the test.
Meanwhile I got also the impression, that this could have never worked with simple-jndi. Maybe
we should switch to another implementtaion, since all what we want is to test the general
JNDI interface and not that specific implementation. I had a look at JNDIKit from spice now
located at codehaus.org. It provides a MemoryContext that could probably easily used. Even
more, since this implementation supports also right-to-left namings and arbitrary delimiters
so we could also mimic LDAP. I believe JNDIConfiguration would fail badly in this scenario.

Regards,
Jörg