commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] basic JAXB/jaxme tag library
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:14:35 GMT
On 9 Mar 2004, at 23:08, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> On 9-Mar-04, at 23:54 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> the specification download grants a limited license to implement the
>> specification (including classes with the javax package space) from
>> the specification but it's easy and safer for an organization like
>> apache to do this than an individual. dims (as web services chair)
>> has access to legal resources and experience of clean room
>> implementations.
>
> But I'm not talking about releasing an implementation, just about
> releasing a .java and its compilation with package-name javax.

AIUI jaxme is an implementation of that specification and includes
clean room implementation classes in the javax package. that's
specifically allowed by the specification (you can download the
specification and create a clean room implementation). of course,
particular people may be prevented from creating clean room
implementations (by previous license agreements) but providing you're
haven't signed anything like that, you can create an implementation in
the javax package space working from that specification.

i'm not an expert and you've now reached the end of my knowledge :)

dims and the web services pmc arranged the implementation and i think
they probably know what they're doing.

- robert