commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Edelson, Justin" <Justin.Edel...@mtvi.com>
Subject [digester] mixed content update
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:18:25 GMT
I'm trying to figure out the best way to digest some XML with mixed
content, i.e.

<a>
    <b>
    </b>
</a>

Where it's important for "beginning text" and "ending text" to be
treated separately.

I looked through the mailing list archives and found a discussion from
early 2002 on this subject. It looks like the net result of that
discussion was that, in my example above, the content "beginning text
ending text" is made available by using a CallMethodRule.

Has there been any subsequent discussion? I got the sense that the
decision really was that mixed content wasn't "for" Digester in the
sense that Digester is targeted to loading configuration files that
"tend to be either all-attributes or all-body-content"
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta
.apache.org&msgId=72369).

I'll happily give up using Digester to accomplished by mixed-content
project and switch to JDOM (or even look at the Avalon Configuration
stuff someone mentioned), but I wanted to check with the list before
giving up.

Thanks,
Justin