commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [maven][codec] Maven RC-2 & Clover problem
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:08:05 GMT
Hello,

In the Maven debug output I see:

java:jar-resources:
[DEBUG] FileSet: Setup scanner in dir
C:\cvs-store\apache.org\jakarta\commons\codec with patternSet{ includes:
[**/*.properties] excludes: [] }

What follows in the console is at the end of this message. The problem
seems to related to the source and target for this **/*.properties I am
guessing.

Is there another Maven debug settings that shows how these paths are
created, presumably from properties? I know that in Ant, you can see the
prop values as they are assigned. Can you do the same in Maven?

Still stuck,
Gary

[VERBOSE] default.properties added as default.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE] project.properties added as project.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes
\targe
t\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\default.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/
clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classe
s/target/clover/classes/default.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes
\targe
t\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\project.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/
clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classe
s/target/clover/classes/project.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\default.proper
ties a
dded as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classes/default.proper
ties doe
sn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\project.proper
ties a
dded as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classes/project.proper
ties doe
sn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes
\defau
lt.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classes/target/
classes/default.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes
\proje
ct.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/classes/target/
classes/project.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes
\targe
t\classes\default.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/
classes/target/classes/target/classes/default.properties doesn't exist.
[VERBOSE]
src\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes\target\clover\classes\t
arget\classes\target\clover\classes\target\clover\classes\target\classes
\targe
t\classes\project.properties added as
src/classes/target/clover/classes/target/classes/target/clover/classes/t
arget/classes/target/clover/classes/target/clover/
classes/target/classes/target/classes/project.properties doesn't exist.

Thank you,
Gary

AM:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I installed Maven RC-2 and when I now run a [codec] build with
"maven
> > clean site:generate", the build works once, but not twice. During
the
> > 2nd (last) invocation of:
> >
> > java:jar-resources:
> > Copying 264 files to
> > C:\cvs-store\apache.org\jakarta\commons\codec\target\clover\classes
> >
> > Some kind of loop or self reference takes place such that a deep
nested
> > and undeletable dir structure is created:

C:\cvs-store\apache.org\jakarta\commons\codec\target\clover\classes\src\