commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [net] [vote] Release Commons-Net 1.2
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:45:10 GMT
Looks much better! Now I might be nit picking here but here it goes
anyway.

(1) IMHO, the 1st sentence ("This is an Internet protocol suite Java
library originally developed by ORO, Inc.") should be moved to the
Background section. The first sentence should tell you something very
important, this isn't it. To me, this is like with a Javadoc comment,
the 1st sentence is extracted as a summary, so the 1st sentence should
tell you in a nutshell what commons-net is all about.

(2) In the Features, section, I would replace "Supported protocols
include:" with "The supported protocols are:" and list them all.

(3) Spelling errors/typos:

protocal -> protocol
accesible -> accessible
e.g -> e.g.
NetComponents -> Jakarta commons-net
the The Apache Software License - the Apache Software License

Nitpickin',
Gary