commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [codec] Base64 and RFC 2045 lines
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:07:16 GMT
Noel,

Pardon me for being dense but are we looking at the same version of the
spec? Are you giving me an answer of "yes, this is a bug" by reference
to the sections? I am looking at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2045.txt,
where the sections "2.7. 7bit Data" and "2.8. 8bit Data" state that "CR
and LF octets only occur as part of CRLF line separation sequences".
Looking at the CRLR sections:

"2.1.  CRLF

   The term CRLF, in this set of documents, refers to the sequence of
   octets corresponding to the two US-ASCII characters CR (decimal value
   13) and LF (decimal value 10)"<snip>

Would mean that, yes, we are not producing proper CFLF in our output.
Check?

Thanks,
Gary