commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for the Commons Sandbox
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 04:46:12 GMT
As it appears that Jestr duplicates some lang functionality, I am hoping
that a non-project-whole approach can be taken. Perhaps the Jestr author
(David) would be interested in improving [lang] by implementing new
features in [lang].

So this would not involve any lock-stock-and-barrel Jestr project import
but rather writing new lang code inspired by Jestr assuming David is
interested.

Gary

I am
> > a bit busy right now (aren't we all!). For example, I noticed
something
> > to do with configuring the component from a file, which the builder
> > package does not do for ToStringBuilder. So that's an interesting
delta.
> > Instead of making everyone figure out for themselves what the deltas
are
> > between [lang] and Jestr, why not provide a list? This way everyone
can
> > say, whether or not such and such a feature makes sense to add.
> >
> > Then you can write bugzilla tickets for each new feature and go at
it.

> > Side note: Personally, I am no fan of functors. There is no such
thing
> > as Smalltalk block in Java, very sad, and trying to emulate such
things
> > with interfaces is, IMHO, just too heavy handed and looks very
> > cumbersome syntactically.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Gary

Commons