commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: xdocs/ missing?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:04:02 GMT
On 24 Mar 2004, at 00:10, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

<snip>

> As a general rule, people shouldn't be manipulating /home/cvs
> directly.  As
> soon as we migrate to Subversion the problems will go away.

+1

it's important that the ASF has a complete, unadulterated record of how
each artifact has been created. so, directories and files which are no
longer used should be removed using cvs (rather than being deleted from
the server).

AIUI the infrastructure policy is that committers should not be
directly modifying the structure of our repositories. (this extends
even to deleting old lock files.) the right way is to ask
infrastructure to perform the operation. there is now a system of
rotating administrators so these requests should be serviced much more
promptly than in the past.

- robert