commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] basic JAXB/jaxme tag library
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:18:38 GMT

On 6-Mar-04, at 11:43 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> he organized an apache licensed, clean room implementation of the
> required API (it's distributed as the JaxMeAPI).

That sounds great (I presume it's already into the ibliblio repository)
but... does this mean that such an API is something that sort of
replaces the javax.xxx packages ?
If yes I fear this would be blatant violation of quite an amoount of
Sun licenses (as far as I've understood them), otherwise, how can there
be an interface with the interesting name ??

I'm a bit surprised to this solution!

paul